What is Zapier?
Zapier (www.zapier.com) is often referred to as being "the glue between web applications". It enables you to automate tasks between CHEQROOM and other online apps.
It can help you:
- Send emails when a check out happens (e.g. via Mail by Zapier)
- Keep your email lists up to date (e.g. via MailChimp)
- Send out text messages (e.g. via Twilio)
- Post a chat message (e.g. via Slack)
Setting up Zapier
Log in to Zapier
To get started, log in to Zapier. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for a free trial. After your trial expires you can continue with their free subscription, or upgrade to a paying subscription depending on your needs.
Make sure you've installed the CHEQROOM App inside Zapier
Making your first Zap
- Once you have logged in, click the Make a Zap! button.
- Choose CHEQROOM as the Trigger app – this means that Zapier will be triggered everytime something interesting happens in CHEQROOM.
- Choose a CHEQROOM Trigger, then click Save + Continue
- Click Copy to clipboard to copy the webhook to use in CHEQROOM.
Don't click OK just yet...
The next step is in CHEQROOM
- Go to your Settings in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Click Add-ons
- Activate your Webhook feature and click New webhook
- In the Create webhook popup, enter a name and a trigger Topic. Also paste the Zapier URL into the URL field. Then, click Add webhook
Back in Zapier
- Click OK, I did this
- Once the test is successful, click Continue
- Choose an Action App from the screen or by searching (e.g. Email)
- Depending on the Action App you've selected, you will be prompted to go through some extra configuration steps.