In CHEQROOM, you can upload all of your equipment in one go by using our importing feature. However, you can just as easily update your equipment via the importing feature.
Say, for example, you took a flying start using CHEQROOM but now realize that you forgot to import the warranty date of your equipment. Well, you can easily add this piece of information to your equipment in bulk in a couple of steps.
Step 1: Export your equipment
- Go to Items
- Click the Export button in the top right corner
Step 2: Update your spreadsheet
The second step is adding or adjusting the information in your spreadsheet.
Which fields can I update?
When importing Items from spreadsheet, you can import and update data in the following fields.
- Name (required – at least 3 characters)
- Purchase price
- Purchase date (formatted like 09/23/2016 )
- Barcode (between 4 and 24 alphanumeric characters)
- Custom fields you've set up*
*Adding custom fields
To add extra fields with information, the easiest way is to create this new custom field first via the Settings < Fields.
That way you can map the new field upon importing.
The following data cannot be updated by importing a spreadsheet yet:
- Kit - use the Bulk equipment update feature
- Category - use the Bulk equipment update feature
- Location - use the Bulk equipment update feature
- Reservation data
- Check-out data
Step 3: Import your spreadsheet
- Upload your CSV like you normally would
- Map the CHEQROOM Id field, it's a random text like like
It’s this Id field that triggers an update instead of creating a new item.
- Preview some rows by clicking next and previous
- Click Next
- Fix any import errors and check warnings
- Click Start import
- You'll get a confirmation email when the update is done