Once a printer from the DYMO LabelWriter series is installed on your computer, you can use its DYMO Label software to create custom label layouts for your account.
Creating a new label layout
- Launch the DYMO Label software
- Select your desired label size on the left
- Use the Insert menu to add elements to your label layout
- Choose the text or barcode elements that should be filled in dynamically.
- Double click the element and open it's Properties window.
- Choose Advanced. Enter the name field of a merge field as Reference name.
- Save the label to file (e.g. Property-of-ACME.label)
Available merge fields
codeThe textual part of a QR code
qrThe image version of a QR code
barcodeThe barcode text
organizationYour account organization name
locationAssigned location name
categoryAssigned category name
fields.BrandThe value of the Brand field
fields.ModelThe value of the Model field
fields.Purchase dateThe value of the Purchase date field
fields.Purchase priceThe value of the Purchase price field
fields.Warranty dateThe value of the Warranty date field
fields.Residual valueThe value of the Residual value field
fields.Some fieldThe value of a custom field
- Use the
Reference nameto make design elements dynamic
- The smallest size for QR codes designs is approx. 1" square
- The smallest size for barcode designs is approx. 2" wide