CHEQROOM’s mission is all about helping you manage and keep track of your valuable assets. A big part of doing that is labeling your assets properly.
Your equipment is already labeled
Great! Now you might want to check if your barcodes are supported by CHEQROOM. You can find all the barcodes supported by CHEQROOM here:
- Code 11
- Code 39
- Code 93
- Code 128
Or, you can download our free mobile app and use the built-in scanner to test it out straight away. 👌🏻
- Each barcode needs to be between 4 and 24 alphanumeric characters
- Most custom QR codes should be supported by CHEQROOM, both in the web application as well as in the Mobile App. Once they have been uploaded and added to an item, however, they will be shown as a barcode, and not as a QR code, in the app itself.
- In CHEQROOM, we automatically generate QR codes for every item you add to your inventory. If you decide to to use your own barcodes, just turn the QR code generator off in your Settings.
Adding your barcodes into the system 📲
You can add your own barcodes by import or manually. Find all the steps here: How can I add my own barcodes into the system?
Your equipment is not labeled yet
No labels yet? No worries! Here are a few ways to get you there:
Purchasing asset labels 🔖
If your equipment is moved around a lot, we recommend to purchase high-quality vinyl asset labels. And you can do this straight from your CHEQROOM account!
Once you have received your CHEQROOM asset labels, you can start uploading them into CHEQROOM following these steps.
Printing labels from CHEQROOM 🖨
If you have lots of gear coming in and out, you might want to print your own asset labels straight from CHEQROOM.
Scanning asset labels
Scanning asset labels can make your check-in and -out process faster and a lot more accurate.
Besides our free mobile app, you can also use a connected 2D barcode scanner which is connected via USB or BlueTooth to your laptop.
- Your Definitive Guide to Asset Labeling
- How can I add my own barcodes into the system?
- How do I install the CHEQROOM app on my smartphone or tablet?
- How do I turn off automatic generation of QR codes on new equipment?
- How to add an item with our Mobile App
- Purchasing high-quality vinyl asset labels
- Using a connected USB or Bluetooth scanner
- Installing the DYMO LabelWriter software to work with CHEQROOM
- Using the DYMO Label software