Once a printer from the DYMO LabelWriter series is installed on your computer, you can use it's DYMO Label software to create custom label layouts for your account.
Creating a new label layout
- Launch the DYMO Label software
- Select your desired label size on the left
- Use the Insert menu to add elements to your label layout
- Choose the text or barcode elements that should be filled in dynamically.
- Double click the element and open it's Properties window.
- Choose Advanced. Enter the name field of a merge field as Reference name.
- Save the label to file (e.g. Property-of-ACME.label)
Available merge fields
codeThe textual part of a QR code
qrThe image version of a QR code
barcodeThe barcode text
organizationYour account organization name
fields.Some fieldThe value of a custom field
- Use the
Reference nameto make design elements dynamic
- The smallest size for QR codes designs is approx. 1" square
- The smallest size for barcode designs is approx. 2" wide