Setting up User Sync to automatically synchronize the right set of users from your LDAP compatible server to CHEQROOM can sometimes be complex.
- Go to your Settings in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Click Add-ons
- Scroll down until you reach the 'sync remote users' section and choose Settings
- If your User Sync has issues, you'll see an error icon
- Next, click Actions, View logs
Username containing illegal characters
Skipping user with illegal characters in login 'firstname.lastname@example.org' (userPrincipalName)
Often indicates you're trying to use an email field as the CHEQROOM
username which is not supported at this time.
💡A possible solution is to use
Username being too short
Skipping user login ab is too short (sAMAccountName)
Usernames have to be between 3 and 128 characters long.
💡A possible solution is to use another unique id from your directory and have your users login with email address and password instead
Username or email address already in use
Skipping user, login john.doe or email email@example.com already exists elsewhere
Indicates that a user with the same login or email address is already part of CHEQROOM, but under another account. The main causes are:
- The username being too generic e.g. john which is already in use by someone else in CHEQROOM. Probably even in another account, unrelated to your organization.
- Sometimes that person already set up a new trial by accident. If you think that is the case, contact us so we can investigate.
💡A possible solution is to use another unique id from your directory and have your users login with email address and password instead.
For example; you can map
Trying to overwrite the username
Cannot overwrite username from john_doe to john.doe
Once a username exists, it can no longer be changed manually, or via user sync.
Trying to overwrite the account owner
Cannot overwrite account owner john.doe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To avoid lock-outs when there are connection or configuration problems, the owner of an account cannot be a synced user.
Different User Syncs have overlapping queries
A single user should never be part of the results of multiple User Sync. You'll have to design your LDAP queries to exclude one group from the other.
- Integrating with your LDAP or Active Directory server
- Tips for crafting your User Sync query with LDAP syntax
- What happens to my existing users once I start to use the LDAP User Sync module?
- Is there a limit to the number of users I can sync to CHEQROOM?
- What should my LDAP server return in order for User Sync to work?