In CHEQROOM, you can upload all of your equipment in one go by using our importing feature.
If you already have a spreadsheet ready, make sure to update it correctly (if necessary) by following these steps.
If you don't have any spreadsheet yet, don't worry: we have a pre-formatted CSV template ready for you to get started!
Importing items from CSV
- Go to Items
- Click the Import button in the top right corner:
- Upload your CSV file:
- Indicate if your spreadsheet has labels as the first row
- Map the columns you want to import or ignore them
- Preview some rows by clicking next and previous
- Click Next
- Fix any import errors and check warnings
- Click Start import
- You'll get a confirmation email when the importing is done
Which fields can I import?
When importing Items from a spreadsheet, you can import the following fields.
- Name (required – at least 3 characters)
- Purchase price
- Purchase date (formatted like
- Barcode (between 4 and 24 alphanumeric characters)
- Category (split multiple levels like
- Flag (at least 2 characters)
- Kit name (at least 3 characters)
- Custom fields you've set up
Importing and updating existing items via CSV
You can also import a CSV file that was generated by CHEQROOM, back into the software. To update your existing items, make sure the Id field is mapped to the right column in Step 2.