Item Custody works like an infinite Check-out. It lets you register the equipment you have loaned, to whom you loaned it, without having to select a return date or location. It’s ideal for when you’re lending out equipment for a really short or really long duration.
Enabling Custody for your account
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to the Modules section
- Enable the Custody Module
- Click Save (top-right corner of the screen)
Assigning Custody of a single Item (or Kit)
- Go to your Items (or Kits), hover over an item or click an Item
- Click Actions, then click Give or Take custody
*Only Admins are allowed to give custody. Users are able to take custody of an item, but only if the item is available.
*If you want your Selfservice Users to be able to take custody, go to your Users - Permissions and check the box 'Custody'.
Finding all Items in custody
- Click Items (or Kits)
- On the left side of the Search field, choose 'In custody':
Finding all Items in custody of a Contact
- Click Contacts, then click a Contact
- On the Custody tab, you can see the list of the Items which are in custody:
Finding all Items in your custody
- Go to your Dashboard and scroll down