In CHEQROOM, Check-outs track when equipment has actually been removed or collected (from the equipment room or building) and when it's due back.
There are a few ways to make a Check-out in CHEQROOM:
Converting a Reservation into a Check-out
The most common way of creating a Check-out, is actually by converting a Reservation into a Check-out. This means you have created a booking for some equipment earlier, and now the Reservation is due, meaning: it's time to pick up the equipment:
Go to the Reservation that is due or overdue, and click 'Convert to check-out':
*Note: Once you've clicked 'Convert to check-out', you still get the chance to edit your booking. Once everything looks fine, click 'Check-out' again.
Creating a Check-out from the Check-out panel
First, go to Check-outs and click 'New Check-out' in the top-right corner:
- Create a title for your check-out, for example a project name or add your name (optional)
- Set a location if you have access to multiple locations. The location you choose is where the equipment is currently at. (*when checking the equipment back in at a different location, you can choose ‘check-in at different location’)
- Choose a date and time when you will be returning the equipment (the 'From' date and time is already filled in, as equipment is leaving from this moment onwards)
- Add a Contact (either yourself or someone else in the team who will be using the equipment)
- Add extra info if needed by adding custom fields
- Add items or Kits (you can type in the name of the type or brand, scroll down the list or then scan the label if the item is already next to you)
- Write a comment (optional)
- Upload or drop a file (optional)
- Click ‘Check-out’ when everything is good to go
Creating a Check-out from the Calendar
Another way to create a Check-out (or plan a maintenance), is by clicking on today's day in your Calendar:
This will take you to the Check-out panel we discussed in the previous section.
Creating a Check-out from the Availability Calendar
Besides the three previous options, you can also make a Check-out by visiting the Gantt Chart or availability calendar. This view is both available for Items as well as Kits.
Click on today's date and pull it to the day you're planning on bringing the equipment back:
Using the Quick Book Panel
The Quick Book Panel works the same way as a shopping cart: add one or more item(s) you need to the lightning bolt and you can return to your draft Check-out some time later today:
*Important: equipment that has been added to a Draft Check-out will receive the status 'checking out' and will not be available for anyone else. Make sure to clear out your Draft Check-outs regularly or set up an auto cleanup of your bookings.