If you are subscribed to a Plus, Premium, or Academic Premium plan, you will be able to create custom user roles.
In the Roles & Permissions section, you can create custom user roles that define the level of access of certain users by (un)checking certain boxes.
- Go to your Settings in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Click Roles & Permissions
- Click Add role
- and start specifying the level of access to this particular user role
The first step is to choose a name and description for the role. We advise to choose the name and description wisely so that it is clear who should be assigned to which role.
Secondly, you have to configure the permissions of your role.
There are seven sets of permissions you have to take into consideration.
- Items: define the permissions with regards to items for users assigned to this user role
- Custody: decide whether users with this user role should be able to take/release/transfer item custody
- Kits: define the permissions with regards to kits
- Contacts: determine what this user role is allowed to do with regards to contacts
- Reservations: define whether this role should be able to create/update/... reservations.
- Check-outs: define whether this role should be able to create/update/... check-outs
- Settings: determine if users assigned to this role can access the settings of your CHEQROOM account
And lastly, you can restrict access to one or more locations.
* Note: Restricting locations is only a part of the Plus, Premium, or Academic Premium plan.