Now that you have uploaded your inventory and learned how to make bookings, it is time to get the team onboard. 🚐
You can either add them as Contacts or as Users, depending on if you'd like them to have access to the account or not. Let us walk you through it...
Contacts are the people that are used in a Reservation, Check-out or Item Custody. They don't have access to the account, unless they are invited as a User.
As all of our plans come with an unlimited amount of users, why not invite some of your team members to join the account as well?
When you invite Users to the CHEQROOM account, they will receive an invitation email and be able to create their own login. From that moment onwards, they will have access to the account, unless you decide to remove them by deactivating or archiving them.
For every person you invite as a User, a Contact will automatically be made.
User roles and permissions
When inviting Users, you can decide which user role they receive and set their permissions to limit their access level. You can choose if they will become and Admin, a User or a Self-service user. Read more about User roles and permissions here.
You can always change a user's role afterwards, by following these steps.
*Note: the self-service user role is not available for the Basic Plan.
CHEQROOM supports Single Sign-On (SS0) by connecting to your organization's LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) or Active Directory servers. You can learn more about this here.
*Note: Not available for the Basic Plan.
- User roles & permissions
- Restricting what self-service users can do
- Restricting users to only seeing a part of the inventory
- Blocking contacts
- Why am I unable to invite a new user to my account?
- Why are my users not receiving their invite emails?
- How do I extend an expired User Invite?
- Tips for crafting your User Sync query with LDAP syntax
- What happens to my existing users once I start to use the LDAP User Sync module?
- What should my LDAP server return in order for User Sync to work?
- Troubleshooting issues with User Sync
- Is there a limit to the number of users I can sync to CHEQROOM?