Item Custody works like an infinite Check-out. It lets you register the equipment you have loaned, to whom you loaned it, without having to select a return date or location. It’s ideal for when you’re lending out equipment for a really short or really long duration.
Enabling the Custody add-on
- Click Settings in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Click Add-ons
- Scroll down to Custody
- Make sure it's activated
Assigning Custody of a single Item (or Kit)
- Go to your Items (or Kits), hover over an item or click an Item
- Click Actions, then click Give or Take custody
Finding all Items in custody
- Click Items (or Kits)
- On the left side of the Search field, choose 'In custody':
Finding all Items in custody of a Contact
- Click Contacts, then click a Contact
- On the Custody tab, you can see the list of the Items which are in custody:
Finding all Items in your custody
- Go to your Dashboard and scroll down
Releasing Custody of an Item
If you brought the item back to the equipment room and want to make it available again, you can release Custody.
- Go to the item you want to release custody of
- Click 'Release custody' in the top right corner:
If you have multiple locations set up, you can choose to always have the item returned to the same location when released out of Custody (standard setting), or you can change the Custody settings to have the option to release it at a different location.
If your item is in custody and is marked with a blue circle, it means that, once the item is released, it will be fully available for bookings.
If your item is in custody and is marked with a half-blue circle, it means that, once the item is released, it will be partially available for bookings. You can read more here.
Only Admins are allowed to give custody. Users are able to take custody of an item, but only if the item is available.
If you want your Self-service Users to be able to take custody, go to your Users - Permissions and check the box 'Custody'.